Sunday 17 April 2016

Chronicles of the Driver

Oh well..
It was a calm afternooon, I was done with class and I was headed Home, so I got on the BRT bus and looked for a corner seat because its usually really  cozzy for me....
And so the journey Began and 5 mins in.....I was already asleep and it was great ...
What am I trying to say?


You see the second I got on that Bus....I entrusted the driver with my life....and I was able to have enough rest because I wasn't right beside him saying....."Oh boy abeg small small oo, na my life dey your hand so"....why? ....well because I believe its his Job and from the looks of it..he's pretty Good at it if not he'd had been fired....
So I'm saying I'm letting him do his Job..
I'm entrusting my safety to him...
Why?.....its his Job
I don't know anything about him...
But I'm still on the bus....
Because its his Job.......

I'm at a bank to send some money to someone..
Let's say I'm with a million naira...
So I get the deposit slip...
Fill in the details blah blah..blah
I get to the counter....
I drop the cash and the slip with cashier ..
And so I'm not an open person...
So I don't begin any conversation with the lady...
I just look calmly at her as she does all the clicks and stamps..
And when she was Done...she said "thank you for banking with us, do have a lovely day"...
And then I said thank you too...and then I walk out..
Now I don't know  this babe whom I just left a million Box with to help me transfer ....I don't even know her name...
But I'm trusting her with my cash even with a funny huge size of confidence that she'll send the money through....
I do not know the Owner of the bank..
Never met him...probably never will...
But I'm trusting them to do the transaction....
Because its "Their Job"

The senarios are countless...the flights, our Kids Schools, the resturants, the police man.....and so on.

There's this certain amount of faith we place on people who we work with even though we might not know them personally...
We still work with them and entrust them with a couple of things..Huge and small...

But when it comes to our day One  Nigga
Its a bit different
What's funny is that this ONE we know too well...
Stories that'll make your jaw drop he has done and is still doing..
He even gave his life for us....a while ago

We'd say it in the Open..."Ahh no worry God go do am"
But we still go on worrying and vibrating...
What if....its does not work
What if......this
What if ....that

We'd give our ONE  life to him over a HUNDRED  times and still counting ....why?
 "Fear". "Doubt". "Trust".
We know what he's capable of doing...
But we still fear..its amazingly funny

Its like we're in car together...
I  say Ok ...come and drive (we give our life to Christ)
He comes over and then you move to the passenger's seat
He starts the ignition, your heart's already skipping
Your mind is saying to you...."Are you sure he can drive?"
And then you fasten the seats belts already...
You're camped in...
He hits the accelertor and then your streaming live in fear 1 min into the journey...
Because you don't fully trust him
You begin to step on an invisible brake clutch for him ....just like I used to do with my Dad...
You see this is because its.....all too new to you
He's  fast!!
He's driving with One hand on a 180
Your screaming your Head Off....then outta so much fear
You try to control the Wheels with him..
He won't struggle with you...
You've never been on this speed and then because you don't know how to handle it ....plus your not even in the right seat..you do it wrongly and then BOOM!!
And in life you say "nawa for this God oo, why is he allowing me go through this"..
Excuse you..."You crashed"
He didn't crash you...
You let the Brt driver and the Cute lady cashier do their jobs in peace but you struggle with ONE who is Most Perfect and excellent, you even know him personally,you've heard his stories....you've seen his wonders but yet....you "struggle"

"since you think you're the better driver, why don't you let him sleep at Night and then you drive"
let him do his Job..that's all

You see even though we were made in his perfection
"OUR" mistakes have made us imperfect
But because he is merciful....he still comes  to you..
Saying "Allow me in"....but fear and Doubt makes you shiver
your mistake has cost him his Life...but yet he came back again...and still asking you to let him in...

Truth is..."You'll NEVER get to your dreams in time and in One piece if you Drive"
Admit your imperfection and submit for correction
He's a better Driver and a better cashier....
He'll do it Right
Why?

"Its his JOB"
So the question is......
who's Driving ?....move over

   Chronicles of the Driver

No comments:

Post a Comment